Sunday, February 28, 2010
[I] Hide and [I plead you not to] Seek
19 February came and went.
Just like the many strangers and certain friends.
I observed from a corner, how a simple game like hide and seek
could bring such joy to the little kids
the really little one especially.
they laughed and played so happily.
I stood right up & joined in the fun
and before I knew it I broke into a run.
the sudden joy that swept through me
was simple.. significant .. we laughed with glee
hide and seek, a game we play
not just the kids but us too, i say
to run, to hide, to never be found
the game just goes on like merry-go-round
a cyclical order that it maintains
to emerge the winner but its always in vain
we hid and hoped to not be found
but it always ends up the other way round
we hid and hoped that we could escape
from anything undesirable that we blamed on fate
I found a place I thought was safe,
but apparently ..well ....thats not the case,
I wasn't found by anyone
but that wasn't the reason I made the run
We all play the game unwarily
not for the intended joy ironically
theres no laugher in this game
just the deafening silence that resonates our pain.